Saturday, December 15, 2007

The Tales of Beedle the Bard




Apparently J.K. Rowling has released another Wizarding World book!


In "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" there was mention of a fairy tale book that all wizard born children (like Ron Weasley) have heard. "The Tales of Beedle the Bard" helped Harry and the others to...well, that is another story.


Anyway, she hand wrote seven copies. Six of them she gave to various lucky peeps who helped with the series. The seventh, though, is what is causing the commotion...


She auctioned it off. It was bought for $4 million! I have heard rumors that Amazon.com bought it. All of the mney will be donated to a charity that, "campaigns for children's rights across Europe, especially in Eastern Europe, where many children and teenagers grow up in institutions." Hmmm...


I think that these stories should be published SOMEWHERE for the world to see!!!


2 HOURS LATER: Hurrah!!! Check out Amazon.com!!!



Thanks to Anankas Diary for the extraordinary news!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think so too. That the stories oughtta be published so we poor fans can read em! Whatever little we managed to taste of the Beedle Bardy tales in deathly hallows was superb,and I'm absolutely itching to read the whole thing!

Anonymous said...

oh yay! Amazon rocks my socks!!

International Mastermind said...

WAIT!!! BAP, it will have to get published sometime soon, so don't spoil it for yourself!!!

bloody awful poetry said...

Really??
Darn.I already did.
But never mind,I don't mind spoilers so much. =)
I read the New York Post(or was it the guardian? whatever) review,before deathly hallows came out and the mostest hugest spoilers chucked in my face.

Jessica said...

Um um um...I know this is way off topic, but: I think I'm going to have to *resign* from our Freaky blog...(I know I haven't contributed much in the first place, but I don't want to have my name on the list if I'm so useless anyway ;o) And it's just been really busy - I think I should just stick with one blog for now :) I'm going to change my blog so it'll be easier for me -- sorry about all this!! Just wanted to let ya'll know...I feel really bad for leaving like this -- I'll miss this blog a lot!! Sorry 1000000x!!

International Mastermind said...

OK...
We will miss you! If you ever want to re-join, just ask! Bye-bye...